Sunday, May 1, 2011

KCRW Global Street Food Event at the Broad Stage

My sister's birthday present to me this year was a ticket to the Global Street Food event hosted by Evan Kleinman of the Good Food Show on KCRW.  (She couldn't find any reasonably priced tickets to the L.A. Phil with Gustavo Dudamel)

She's also been curious as she's been missing out on the Food Truck trend living out in the 'burbs. This of course kills two birds with one stone. A nice b-day present that I won't resent spending sister time with (sort of...) and her being able to try different foods sans a picky 11 year old son (my nephew) without whining or complaining. (she wisely left the kid with her hubby.)

As interesting as the panel/lecture was, the true calling was from the Food Trucks on hand that day.

Firmly grasping my food voucher coupons, we decided that the first truck to hit would be India Jones Chow Truck.



I was not disappointed!   

The butter chicken was YUM!

But the hands down BEST of the BEST had to be the shrimp taco from Marisco Jalisco!

No comments: